Trestle Overlook

Total Miles
2.6

Elevation

943.10 ft

Duration

0.5 Hours

Technical Rating

3

Easy

Best Time

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Trail Overview

This is a trail to a scenic spot overlooking the Canadian River and a train trestle that spans it. It looks west, making it picture perfect for those legendary Texas panhandle sunsets or stargazing. Cell service is generally good due to the trail's proximity to the highway and elevated middle section. Any precipitation will significantly and rapidly degrade trail conditions. The trail can be run in either direction. While a full-size vehicle will fit this trail, be advised the wild Texas Plums will leave you with some pinstriping.

Photos of Trestle Overlook

Trestle Overlook
Trestle Overlook
Trestle Overlook

Difficulty

75% of this trail is easy, flattish terrain, the other 25% is hill climbs of various surfaces, a deep sand climb, several loose rock climbs and several packed dirt hills.

Technical Rating

3

Status Reports

There are no status reports yet for this trail.

Popular Trails