Holston Hunter Trail

Total Miles
5.4

Elevation

10.96 ft

Duration

1 Hours

Technical Rating

1

Easy

Best Time

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Trail Overview

This easy off-road trail is located on the western side of the Croatan National Forest. Obstacles include a few potholes, and the trail is mostly gravel. There is one small muddy area that might be trouble for low-clearance vehicles after heavy rains. There is also a water crossing, but it has a constructed bridge. The trail is very well maintained. The forest has an excellent variety of old growth to young forest views along the way. Wildlife includes wild turkey, deer and even black bears. There are multiple other trails which attach to the Holston Hunter Trail for other off-road adventures, hikes and dispersed camping.

Photos of Holston Hunter Trail

Holston Hunter Trail
Holston Hunter Trail

Difficulty

95% of the trail is an easy drive. The other 5% contains pot holes and one slightly muddy area that might be difficult after heavy rains.

Technical Rating

1

Status Reports

M.f. Curbow
Jun 07, 2024
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Open
Normal
Easy roas to drive. spotted deer and turkey on the road.

Popular Trails