Red Feather Lakes: A post office was first established in 1896 at what was then called the Perry Ranch. The area was first called Westlake, but later became Red Feather Lakes. Businessmen decided to develop the area in the early 1900s. Ditches and dams were built to create many of the lakes. In 1923, an association was established to develop what has become an outstanding recreation area. About 500 people live here year-round.