A wooden tower was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1938. The present steel tower was rebuilt in 1961. It is 55' high with a 14' x 14' deck. Rangers in the tower told us when the sun is at the right angle, they've seen cars going up Mt. Evans. On the clearest days, they've seen mountains in Wyoming 110 miles away. The tower is manned by volunteers and small donations are appreciated.